POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : "Rebirth" comments. Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:08:21 EDT (-0400)
  "Rebirth" comments. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Shay
Subject: "Rebirth" comments.
Date: 23 Sep 2009 13:13:18
Message: <4aba572e$1@news.povray.org>
Page just crashed as I was almost finished commenting on every image.
F*** that. Here are the highlights:

====> "Death is the road to awe" by Seb_3D
Glancing at the thumbnail/crop pof your image, I thought I saw a dead
roasting chicken on a kitchen counter. That would have been, along with
your title, a compelling scene. A dead rose in a gutter is pretty trite.

====> "earth ! earth !" by dorlindel:
I like it. Could use some polish as I believe an IRTC entry should be
special. Nevertheless, there is enough here to get your point across and
the "naive cg" look works with your concept.

====> "Birth of the Phoenix" by Jim Charter:
Certainly you didn't miss the suggestion of a winged disc.

I could have been talking about this image specifically when posting on
artistry and creativity in the voting thread. Your entry incorporates
very familiar rebirth themes, yet you engage your viewer with these
primal ideas rather than bore him with banal allegories.

Page is still crashing on me. I'll try to get these three up before the
deadline.

  -Shay

Post a reply to this message

> Page just crashed as I was almost finished commenting on every image.

IRTC voters with Firefox might find the following useful: