POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Seeking assistance Server Time
3 Jul 2022 20:49:10 EDT (-0400)
  Seeking assistance (Message 4 to 13 of 23)  
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Seeking assistance
Date: 26 Aug 2009 16:56:18
Message: <4a95a172@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
> >  Of course this is a desperate request due to the short amount of time
> >left, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

> If I can manage to download a copy of Daz's Millennium cat I will try convert it
> into a fox mesh. What sort of pose do you require?

  A state of readiness, looking a bit to the side (at the camera), in a
somewhat menacing posture.

-- 
                                                          - Warp


Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Seeking assistance
Date: 26 Aug 2009 17:15:09
Message: <4a95a5dd@news.povray.org>
Reactor <rea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Do you know exactly what pose?  Could you find examples of the pose?  I might be
> able to give it a whirl.

  Maybe something like this, but perhaps slightly more menacing:
http://www.1adventure.com/archives/images/frank-red-fox-colorado-lowrescrop.jpg

-- 
                                                          - Warp


Post a reply to this message

From: Reactor
Subject: Re: Seeking assistance
Date: 26 Aug 2009 17:40:00
Message: <web.4a95aa84525d6ba9d60db48b0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Reactor <rea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Do you know exactly what pose?  Could you find examples of the pose?  I might be
> > able to give it a whirl.
>
>   Maybe something like this, but perhaps slightly more menacing:
> http://www.1adventure.com/archives/images/frank-red-fox-colorado-lowrescrop.jpg
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp


There was, a while back, a series of media fur macros.  I think you were
involved with them, the PCM hair macros?  The links I have are broken (I think
because geocities shut down), and I don't know much about how it worked, but I
was wondering whether or not a "bald mesh" of fairly simple geometry would work
in conjunction with those.

-Reactor


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Seeking assistance
Date: 26 Aug 2009 17:42:48
Message: <f1bb955s7m0h2joct8793eg56b3sgnsggo@4ax.com>
On 26 Aug 2009 16:56:18 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
>> >  Of course this is a desperate request due to the short amount of time
>> >left, but it doesn't hurt to ask...
>
>> If I can manage to download a copy of Daz's Millennium cat I will try convert it
>> into a fox mesh. What sort of pose do you require?
>
>  A state of readiness, looking a bit to the side (at the camera), in a
>somewhat menacing posture.

I'll see what I can do and what the mesh looks like in PovRay. (The new(er)
method of Poser hair does not translate well when converted by PoseRay)
If I can't get a fox I can do a bear, dog, cat, lion (male) or wolf as I already
have those models.

I'll post a quick wolf image in p.b.i so you can see what it looks like.
-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Seeking assistance
Date: 26 Aug 2009 18:00:36
Message: <4a95b084@news.povray.org>
Reactor <rea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> There was, a while back, a series of media fur macros.  I think you were
> involved with them, the PCM hair macros?  The links I have are broken (I think
> because geocities shut down), and I don't know much about how it worked, but I
> was wondering whether or not a "bald mesh" of fairly simple geometry would work
> in conjunction with those.

  Actually for my purposes a smooth model would work just fine. No need for
modelled fur.

-- 
                                                          - Warp


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Seeking assistance
Date: 27 Aug 2009 16:38:19
Message: <jird959341im1j9ah410t36rf38v6qplak@4ax.com>
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:42:27 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:

>I'll see what I can do

Sorry Warp but I can't get the file so I can't make a fox :(
-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Reactor
Subject: Re: Seeking assistance
Date: 27 Aug 2009 20:40:00
Message: <web.4a972691525d6ba9aebdc0380@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:42:27 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
>
> >I'll see what I can do
>
> Sorry Warp but I can't get the file so I can't make a fox :(
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Meanwhile, mine looks like something between a wolf made of cardboard boxes
mixed with a crude representation of Anubis.

I'm having fun, though!

-Reactor


Post a reply to this message

From: Reactor
Subject: Re: Seeking assistance
Date: 28 Aug 2009 03:50:01
Message: <web.4a978c0e525d6ba9a4c94d980@news.povray.org>
"Reactor" <rea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:42:27 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote:
> >
> > >I'll see what I can do
> >
> > Sorry Warp but I can't get the file so I can't make a fox :(
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >      Stephen
>
> Meanwhile, mine looks like something between a wolf made of cardboard boxes
> mixed with a crude representation of Anubis.
>
> I'm having fun, though!
>
> -Reactor

I posted a WIP screen shot in the wolf thread in p.b.i.  I can give you what I
have now, if you like, but it isn't posed or textured, and up close face shots
should be avoided since it has no eyes.  Hopefully your idea involves a
silhouette :)

-Reactor


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Seeking assistance
Date: 29 Aug 2009 06:06:31
Message: <nbvh959rd15mqal1vv2j2i9tarsgscieec@4ax.com>
On 26 Aug 2009 16:56:18 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
>> >  Of course this is a desperate request due to the short amount of time
>> >left, but it doesn't hurt to ask...
>
>> If I can manage to download a copy of Daz's Millennium cat I will try convert it
>> into a fox mesh. What sort of pose do you require?
>
>  A state of readiness, looking a bit to the side (at the camera), in a
>somewhat menacing posture.

I've posted an image in p.b.i of the fox model I've made, in the Poser Wolf,
thread.
-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Seeking assistance
Date: 29 Aug 2009 06:24:40
Message: <4a9901e8@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
> I've posted an image in p.b.i of the fox model I've made, in the Poser Wolf,
> thread.

  Maybe if it was looking a bit more downwards (like it was looking downhill
at the camera), with the front legs a bit more towards the back and the tail
a bit more raised, it could be about perfect. Maybe the mouth closed.

  OTOH the deadline is approaching so fast that this may be a futile
endeavour... :(

-- 
                                                          - Warp


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.