POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : One of the current pics is just taken from wikipedia Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  One of the current pics is just taken from wikipedia (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: David Nash
Subject: One of the current pics is just taken from wikipedia
Date: 5 Jul 2005 23:59:22
Message: <42cb571a@news.povray.org>
This entry:
http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2005-06-30/350pxlig.jpg
is just ripped and resized from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lightning.jpg

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 6 Jul 2005 01:39:56
Message: <42cb6eac@news.povray.org>
David Nash <dbn### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> This entry:
> http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2005-06-30/350pxlig.jpg
> is just ripped and resized from here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lightning.jpg

  Did you contact the irtc admins directly by email?

--

                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: s day
Date: 6 Jul 2005 10:10:00
Message: <web.42cbe5ed92d96adfd216d84b0@news.povray.org>
David Nash <dbn### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> This entry:
> http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2005-06-30/350pxlig.jpg
> is just ripped and resized from here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lightning.jpg

Well spotted, I had already decided this one was a photograph. There are
several other images I am not too sure about either (Not that I think they
are photographs they just look a bit strange and very low resolution
without any comments/source files etc..)

Post a reply to this message

"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote in message
> David Nash <dbn### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > This entry:
> > http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2005-06-30/350pxlig.jpg
> > is just ripped and resized from here:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lightning.jpg
>

> Well spotted, I had already decided this one was a photograph. There are
> several other images I am not too sure about either (Not that I think they
> are photographs they just look a bit strange and very low resolution
> without any comments/source files etc..)

really, what is the point of posting a photograph (a "stolen" photograph at
that!)? did this person just not understand what IRTC is?

lifetime ban for this person is needed (kidding... but only a little bit).

Post a reply to this message