POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Final Render Server Time
17 May 2024 07:43:08 EDT (-0400)
  Final Render (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Slashdolt
Subject: Final Render
Date: 24 Feb 2003 10:43:52
Message: <3e5a3db8$1@news.povray.org>
Time to start thinking about your final render!

I started my final render last night. It ran for 30 minutes and was still on
line 1 of 768.  AHHHGG!  I had too many settings too high.  I turned down a
few things and started it up again.  Last I checked, it was rendering at
about 4 pps, which means it should be done some time Tuesday night, if it
keeps that speed.  I'm worried that as it moves down the image, it might get
slower.  I'm sure that I could have pared down some of the memory use, and
sped up render times by doing some things more efficiently, but I really
didn't spend much time on figuring out what was fast, and spent more time
figuring out what looked best.

The funny thing is that I'm planning on creating a zazzle poster (probably
just for myself), at which point I plan to render it at something like
3200x2400.  I guess I should set aside a couple months.  ;-)

--
Slash

Post a reply to this message

> Time to start thinking about your final render!

I've finished mine. 30 minutes.
Now I'm going to clean the files a bit
before zipping 'em..
(txt file done yesterday).