POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Anyone proficient in MEL? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Anyone proficient in MEL? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Matt Beighton
Subject: Anyone proficient in MEL?
Date: 9 Jan 2003 17:59:32
Message: <3e1dfed4@news.povray.org>
I have a MEL (maya enbedde language) question.  I need to assign a random
value to a float but i cant get it to work.  in theory it should.
i try:

rand 0 2;

and it works fine
i then try :
float $random;
$random = 'rand 0 2';

and it doesnt.

Any ideas why??

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Subject: Re: Anyone proficient in MEL?
Date: 9 Jan 2003 21:26:37
Message: <3e1e2f5d$1@news.povray.org>
> $random = 'rand 0 2';

I've never seen the language before, but the first thing I would try would
be to remove the quotes.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message