POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Honourable mention awards Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:58:54 EDT (-0400)
  Honourable mention awards (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Honourable mention awards
Date: 26 Mar 2002 06:19:29
Message: <3ca05941$1@news.povray.org>
Just out of curiousity, how are the honourable mention awards worked out?

Excluding the winners,

I placed 2nd in artistic merit, after gail
I placed 1st in technical merit (wrongly IMHO, but whatthehell)

However, I get the artistic merit award, not the technical merit award - how
come?

I guess gail complicates things by getting two top places (art and concept)....
I'm just curious as to how the irtc admins resolve this.

For example, if they gave me the technical award, and gail the artistic, then
concept would have gone to blizzard. However, if they gave me the technical and
gail the concept, then artistic would have gone to mg_led.

What it comes down to is me and gail always get an award, but the third award
can go to any of 3 different images, depending on how they resolve in which
catagories me and gail get an award.

BTW. this might account for the delay.

--
#macro G(D,E,F)#local I=array[3]{D,E,F}#local B=0;triangle{#while(
B<3)#while(I[B])A[mod(I[B],10)]+#local I[B]=div(I[B],10);#end<-5,-

Post a reply to this message