POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Winvote feature requests Server Time
14 Jun 2024 05:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Winvote feature requests (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Winvote feature requests
Date: 15 Mar 2002 07:41:49
Message: <3c91ec0d@news.povray.org>
Hmm, is this the best place to post this?

It might be a while before a new version of winvote is available, but I thought
I'd put in my 2c worth of feature requests.

1. alt-n and alt-p when viewing images full screen for next and previous image
2. Ability to switch between full-screen and main window using alt-tab
3. Some indication, in full-screen mode, as to whether the image has been scaled
down to fit - this would allow users to know whether they should take a look at
the image in normal view mode for finer detail etc.
4. Integration with IRTC CDs, so that old competitions could be browsed using
winvote easily
4b. It would be nice to be able to define multiple base directories, so that
winvote could be used to browse several competition directories.

One way to do this might be to have a variable $BASE, so that rather than define
the exact path to the images/thumbs/workdir, you would just define them as
$BASE/images, $BASE/thumbs, etc..

Then, $BASE could be defined as, for example C:/irtc/worship or
C:/irtc/fortress.

If one could then store these different $BASE settings for easy switching I
would be a happy man...

The general trend here is that it would be nice to be able to use winvote as a
general irtc comp browser, rather than just as a voting tool. For example, it
would be nice if, with old competitions, it could work with the final tallied
vote and allow sorting based on that vote.

--
#macro G(D,E,F)#local I=array[3]{D,E,F}#local B=0;triangle{#while(
B<3)#while(I[B])A[mod(I[B],10)]+#local I[B]=div(I[B],10);#end<-5,-

Post a reply to this message