POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : how do people approach making comments? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:02:53 EDT (-0400)
  how do people approach making comments? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: how do people approach making comments?
Date: 6 Nov 2002 23:15:58
Message: <3DC9EB20.8010407@aol.com>
I have finished ascribing marks to the lastest round of stills, acting
for the first time in the role of "panel judge".  I think there are some
  very impressive entries and I am enjoying the process very much. But I
feel a little queasy when it comes to making comments.  There has been
some discussion in the past which suggests the importance of comments,
but I suddenly find that I am questioning what the assumed purpose of
the comments might be.  I find I try and indicate to the artist how I
respond to the image, and what higher meaning I might glean from it.
But then I grow embarrassed and opt for the obigatory superlatives.  Is
there an agreed apon purpose for the comments?
-Jim ( jrc### [at] aolcom )

Post a reply to this message

Well when I read comments on my entries I'm looking mostly for some measure
of how much people liked the image, and suggestions on how to improve it. I
think the latter is very important, because it would be frustrating for my
image to not do very well but not have any constructive criticisms.

I try to write comments that have suggested improvements to the image.
Though I do worry that sometimes my comments must seem very negative.

"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
news:3DC### [at] aolcom...
> I have finished ascribing marks to the lastest round of stills, acting
> for the first time in the role of "panel judge".  I think there are some
>   very impressive entries and I am enjoying the process very much. But I
> feel a little queasy when it comes to making comments.  There has been
> some discussion in the past which suggests the importance of comments,
> but I suddenly find that I am questioning what the assumed purpose of
> the comments might be.  I find I try and indicate to the artist how I
> respond to the image, and what higher meaning I might glean from it.
> But then I grow embarrassed and opt for the obigatory superlatives.  Is
> there an agreed apon purpose for the comments?
> -Jim ( jrc### [at] aolcom )

Post a reply to this message