POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : The Rules Server Time
13 May 2024 21:42:30 EDT (-0400)
  The Rules (Message 39 to 48 of 58)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: The Rules
Date: 15 Jun 2009 11:53:18
Message: <4a366e6e$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:34:27 +0200, Gilles Tran wrote:

> Some years ago I ran correlation statistics on IRTC votes, and the 3
> notes were extremely correlated. Basically it all comes down to a single
> "wow or not" rating. There were outliers (the occasional
> bad-concept-but-good-execution-image and the other way round) but they
> are just that, outliers, and they didn't affect the output of the
> competition. Having several scores is more intellectually satisfying
> than really significant and useful.

That's an interesting find - thanks for sharing that.  I wonder if that
would hold true with the newer versions of the competition.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Hildur K
Date: 15 Jun 2009 13:00:00
Message: <web.4a367d6d2f2043cd421830f90@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:

> Me being corrected, that is.

Sorry ;)

> humorous :D

Uuups, silly me. This is what happens when you are communicating with strangers

misunderstandings once in a while.

I found that it made no difference to me but other people I worked
> with found it very difficult to sleep when it was daylight. Not that they did
> not want to or need to sleep.

perfectly quiet until around 3:30, when the birds wake up and start singing. I
find this extended twilight a great source of inspiration. I highly recommend
it.

Hildur K.

Post a reply to this message