POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC: Challenge 1 & 2: Final Results and.... ADIEU! Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC: Challenge 1 & 2: Final Results and.... ADIEU! (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: TC-RTC: Challenge 1 & 2: Final Results and.... ADIEU!
Date: 6 Sep 2017 03:30:55
Message: <59afa42f$1@news.povray.org>
At http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/index/index.html the results for the
May/August 2017 Challenge 1 *My End Is My Beginning* are:

1	Seeds			SeanDay		498/498
2	Forever Young		DrNo		390/450
3	Universal		DrNo		371/431
4	Noa departure		lequenne	334/394
5	Ouroboros		JuuG		332/392

SeanDay did not vote and so the bonus points were not attributed to his
image. However, this did not change the final results.

The results for the July/August 2017  Challenge 2 topic *Symmetry* are:

1	Atlantic Crossing		JuuG		316/376
2	Mountain Lake Sunset		rmcgregor	304/364
3	Reflect me			DrNo		287/347
4	Taj Mahal			DrNo		267/327

Congratulations to all the winners of these two challenges.

And so we have come at last to the end of our long journey. A journey
not unlike Ulysses' for we have visited strange places on the Earth and
beyond, we have tasted strange fruits, and we have witnessed amazing
customs and rites. All this thanks to your imagination and skills.

As a temporary replacement for the Internet Ray Tracing competition,
TC-RTC was the brainchild of Steve Paget, a stalwart of the IRTC and the
Pov-Ray newsgroups. He designed it with Colin, the web developer who
hosts the site. Steve ran the site for three years and we have run it
for the last seven. As a temporary replacement for the IRTC, Tina Chep
has lasted almost as long as the original. That is twenty years of
almost continuous computer generated rendering competitions.

As our ways are parting, we have all of us been enriched by this shared
experience. And we, as administrators, we say:
		*So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!*
but above all:
		*Thanks For Your Participation!*

But it does not end here. A worthy successor to the TC-RTC has been
found in NOA OF ARC (http://www.noaofarc.ca/en-us/) which will continue
the tradition. Please go there and join!

Stephen & Thomas, Administrators

Post a reply to this message

Thomas de Groot wrote on 06/09/2017 09:30:
> And so we have come at last to the end of our long journey. A journey
> not unlike Ulysses' for we have visited strange places on the Earth and
> beyond, we have tasted strange fruits, and we have witnessed amazing
> customs and rites. All this thanks to your imagination and skills.
>
> As a temporary replacement for the Internet Ray Tracing competition,
> TC-RTC was the brainchild of Steve Paget, a stalwart of the IRTC and the
> Pov-Ray newsgroups. He designed it with Colin, the web developer who
> hosts the site. Steve ran the site for three years and we have run it
> for the last seven. As a temporary replacement for the IRTC, Tina Chep
> has lasted almost as long as the original. That is twenty years of
> almost continuous computer generated rendering competitions.
>
> As our ways are parting, we have all of us been enriched by this shared
> experience. And we, as administrators, we say:
>          *So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!*
> but above all:
>          *Thanks For Your Participation!*
>
> But it does not end here. A worthy successor to the TC-RTC has been
> found in NOA OF ARC (http://www.noaofarc.ca/en-us/) which will continue
> the tradition. Please go there and join!
>
> Stephen & Thomas, Administrators

IRTC was the origin of my first approach to POV-Ray (through Moray), and
this competition (united perhaps to scc) will always remain in my memory
because it was the expression of a world where art, math and code met.
Mathematical artists, artistic developers and whatever combination:
interesting and polite people. I waited impatiently for each round, and
there was always something of very interesting.
TC-RTC has filled the gap due to the end of IRTC. It was organized in a
somewhat different way, but there was a lot of enthusiastic people.

Now, I miss you already, *RTC.

Competitions for enthusiastic people are a good way to stimulate
everyone to make the best of themselves, and usually there are many
innovative elements, unlike in the contests for professionals.

In the last months I had no time for writing decent pov-code, but I'm
always following the newsgroup and TC-RTC. Should we migrate to NOA OF
ARC? Ok, let's get a try.

Stephen, Thomas and other Administrators, thank you for your efforts and
for the service given.

Paolo

Post a reply to this message