POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC Challenges 1 & 2: Voting started and SPECIAL new Challenge(s) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:04:20 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC Challenges 1 & 2: Voting started and SPECIAL new Challenge(s) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: TC-RTC Challenges 1 & 2: Voting started and SPECIAL new Challenge(s)
Date: 18 Dec 2016 03:56:05
Message: <58564f25$1@news.povray.org>
At http://www.tc-rtc.co.uk/index/index.html both the Challenges 1 and 2
have been closed for upload:

The Challenge 1 topic *Dome of Many-Coloured Glass, by Amy Lowell
(1874-1925)*;
The Challenge 2 topic *Light in Darkness / Darkness in Light*.

You are now kindly invited to vote for the uploaded images. You can do
this till the 31st of the current month. Please do not forget to vote
for *all* the images if you want your votes to be valid! Remember: this
is absolutely mandatory.

------ TAKE NOTE! --------
In January 2007, the *Tina Chep Render Time Challenge* was launched for
the first time by Steve Paget. Ten years of great and often outstanding
images by talented artists have followed. We want to celebrate this
special anniversary with a special price for the best image of this
Challenge: the silver-and-gold key holder once made by Steve Paget
himself! Thomas de Groot who was its first owner, will pass it on to the
new winner.

Therefore, the next topic for Challenge 1 will be *Anniversary*. It will
run from January 1st, 2017 till April 30th, 2017. Voting for this topic
will start April 17th, 2017. Of course, we want you to give us an
unexpected and challenging view on the topic.

The next topic for Challenge 2 will be announced asap.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> The Challenge 1 topic *Dome of Many-Coloured Glass, by Amy Lowell
> (1874-1925)*;
> The Challenge 2 topic *Light in Darkness / Darkness in Light*.
>
> You are now kindly invited to vote for the uploaded images. You can do
> this till the 31st of the current month. Please do not forget to vote
> for *all* the images if you want your votes to be valid! Remember: this
> is absolutely mandatory.
>
> --
> Thomas

Due to the discrepancy in the number of voters, we decided to create the
Challenge 1
banner according to the following order:

1. Art nouveau (lequenne)
2. Glass Dome (BaldEagle)
2. Meditation (etcetcetc)

The banner is available through the "Photos" tab of the "Dome of Many-Coloured
Glass" group
of the "Tina Chep" profile.

There is no button for automatic download, you have to click on the picture and
use "Save Image As..." of the browser context menu.

Make sure you don't download a coarse version. Normally the full version should
be
displayed in a slideshow screen mode on black background. You can save it from
there
because it is the only version which has the exact resolution of 996x195 pixels.

All other versions are coarser to make sure that the overall bandwidth is low.

NOTE: you can exit the full screen mode by clicking anywhere outside the black
background ("Esc" doesn't work).

Post a reply to this message