POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news Server Time
5 Dec 2021 21:15:16 EST (-0500)
  TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news (Message 11 to 18 of 18)  
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 07:30:25
Message: <58552fe1$1@news.povray.org>
On 17-12-2016 12:17, Stephen wrote:
> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> On 16-12-2016 8:09, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>>>> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>>
>
>>>
>>> Yes, I was afraid that would happen. I asked Normand to open up the site
>>> /only/ when he was sure everything was working correctly but he insisted
>>> on going live asap. Ah! youthful eagerness :-)
>>
>>
>> Kids!  (Shakes head.)  Well, really, what can you do?
>>
>>
> Keep them in a barrel for the first 21 years of their life. Then drive
> in the bung hole. ;)
>
>
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> I am not involved with the forum any more but I shall bring your
>>> petition to the attention of Normand of course.
>>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks for your help!  (I found the Terms and Conditions to be quite
>> interesting reading, as was the Privacy Policy.)
>>
>>
>
> So interesting that I don't want anything to do with it.

On a serious note indeed: I want to ask everybody who wants to join to 
*read* those documents first with care! I agree with Stephen.

>
>
>>>>
>>>> * (1) The Cubs won the Series.  (2) A couple of days later, I was
>>>> making
>>>> breakfast and my egg was a double-yolker, the first I've seen in years
>>>> and years.
>
> I have not seen one for donkey's years.
>
>> (Didn't stop me from cooking it over-easy and having it with
>>>> a slice of whole-wheat toast.  Yum!)  (3)  Heavy sigh.  You know.  But
>>>> maybe the Electoral College will fix everything.  Yes, I signed the
>>>> petition...so, if I mysteriously disappear, well, you'll know what
>>>> happened...
>>>>
>>>
>
> <Kiddies voice>
> Lies, she was not harmed but raptured.
>
> </Kiddies voice>
>
>>> The Last Days seem to have been extended, at least for the time being.
>
> Have you stopped reading the news, Thomas?

I wish I had... but somehow I always keep a little glimmer of hope...

>
>>> We shall keep an eye on you, especially in a month's time.
>>>
>>
>
> Yes Big Brother is always looking out.

Yep! [dusting off Superman suit]

>
>>
>> Thank you.  I appreciate the sentiment.  Now:  Canned food--check.
>> Bottled water--check.  BB gun loaded--check.
>
> And you call yourself a true blooded American woman? Shame on you.
> At least three hand guns, a over and under shotgun and a snipers rifle
> are the minimum requirements.
>
>> Dogs primed and ready to
>> bark--check.  Cat set to Full Insanity Mode--check.
>
> Sharp intake of breath.
>
>> Media Player ready
>> with inspirational bagpipe music and so forth--check.
>
> A woman with impeccable tastes.
>
>> Electric blanket
>> plugged in--check.  (Because, never mind Armageddon--sometime in the
>> next twelve hours, if the meteorologists are correct, the temperature
>> here is going to drop about fifty degrees, rather abruptly.
>
> I assume it was made from a sustainable source using Philip K. Dick's
> Electric Sheep?
>
>> Sure,
>> they're those silly, undersized Fahrenheit degrees, but still.  Welcome
>> to Missouri.)
>>
>
> Yes, you need more fingers and toes to count them.
>
>
>


-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 09:20:41
Message: <585549b9$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/17/2016 12:30 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>
>> Have you stopped reading the news, Thomas?
>
> I wish I had... but somehow I always keep a little glimmer of hope...
>

I remember being told that the end days were nigh. When the Euro was 
launched. I got quotes out of Revelations to prove it, as well.

>>
>>>> We shall keep an eye on you, especially in a month's time.
>>>>
>>>
>>
>> Yes Big Brother is always looking out.
>
> Yep! [dusting off Superman suit]

By darkest day and brightest night. No goodness shall escape my sight.

Or something like that. ;-)

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 17:16:24
Message: <5855b938$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/17/2016 11:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:

>> Media Player ready
>> with inspirational bagpipe music and so forth--check.
>
> A woman with impeccable tastes.
>

And in the Christmas spirit, just for you.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fdr0Wo3wNx


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry K  Shaw
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 21:31:55
Message: <5855f51b$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On 12/17/2016 11:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>
>>> Media Player ready
>>> with inspirational bagpipe music and so forth--check.
>>
>> A woman with impeccable tastes.
>>
>
> And in the Christmas spirit, just for you.
>
> http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fdr0Wo3wNx
>
>

Wow!

--Sherry Shaw

-- 
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+
1;#end camera{location-5*z}plane{z,37 pigment{granite color_map{[.7rgb 0]
[1rgb 1]}}finish{ambient 2}}//                                   TenMoons


Post a reply to this message

From: Sherry K  Shaw
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 17 Dec 2016 21:37:37
Message: <5855f671$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>> Sure,
>> they're those silly, undersized Fahrenheit degrees, but still.  Welcome
>> to Missouri.)
>>
>
> Yes, you need more fingers and toes to count them.
>
>

...But that would involve taking off two pairs of socks, so I suppose 
I'll just have to guess.

--Sherry Shaw

-- 
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+
1;#end camera{location-5*z}plane{z,37 pigment{granite color_map{[.7rgb 0]
[1rgb 1]}}finish{ambient 2}}//                                   TenMoons


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 18 Dec 2016 02:58:55
Message: <585641bf$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-12-2016 3:38, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>>> Sure,
>>> they're those silly, undersized Fahrenheit degrees, but still.  Welcome
>>> to Missouri.)
>>>
>>
>> Yes, you need more fingers and toes to count them.
>>
>>
>
> ...But that would involve taking off two pairs of socks, so I suppose
> I'll just have to guess.
>

No science without suffering. ;-)


-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 18 Dec 2016 10:02:31
Message: <5856a507$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/18/2016 2:32 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> On 12/17/2016 11:17 AM, Stephen wrote:
>>> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>>
>>>> Media Player ready
>>>> with inspirational bagpipe music and so forth--check.
>>>
>>> A woman with impeccable tastes.
>>>
>>
>> And in the Christmas spirit, just for you.
>>
>> http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fdr0Wo3wNx
>>
>>
>
> Wow!
>

It is a clip from a Tony Hawks (the guy who hitchhiked around Ireland 
with a fridge) Christmas program where he costed all the gifts in the 12 
days of Christmas carol. He even got Ten Lords* a Leaping from the house 
of Lords.

* A bit of a cheat as two of them were Ladies. ;)

-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: TC-RTC Challenges and Forum news
Date: 18 Dec 2016 14:21:11
Message: <5856e1a7$1@news.povray.org>
On 12/18/2016 2:38 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> On 12/17/2016 5:47 AM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>>> Sure,
>>> they're those silly, undersized Fahrenheit degrees, but still.  Welcome
>>> to Missouri.)
>>>
>>
>> Yes, you need more fingers and toes to count them.
>>
>>
>
> ....But that would involve taking off two pairs of socks,

Steady! You don't want to over excite the old men on the newsgroup. ;)


-- 

Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.