POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Minor site suggestions Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:32:50 EDT (-0400)
  Minor site suggestions (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Minor site suggestions
Date: 13 Jul 2010 06:13:14
Message: <4c3c3c3a$1@news.povray.org>
I just participated and voted for the first time on
the new IRTC site, and altogether it has been a good
user experience. Still, here are a few minor suggestions
for improvement:

o Next to the submit fields for image and thumbnail, it would
   be helpful to display the supported file format (jpg only?).
   If possible, you could also set the default file filter in
   the file dialog which is opened by the browse button.

o The voting page leads you to believe you need to vote on
   your own submission, e.g. by displaying "not yet voted" on
   the overview page and not skipping your own submission when
   clicking "Save and Next". Of course, you will then get the
   appropriate error on saving, but you also can't navigate
   directly to the next image for voting.

o I've been missing a link from the voting page for an
   image back to the voting overview of all images.

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:15:43 +0200, Christian Froeschlin <chr### [at] chrfrde>
wrote:

> I just participated and voted for the first time on
> the new IRTC site, and altogether it has been a good
> user experience. Still, here are a few minor suggestions
> for improvement:
>
> o Next to the submit fields for image and thumbnail, it would
>    be helpful to display the supported file format (jpg only?).
>    If possible, you could also set the default file filter in
>    the file dialog which is opened by the browse button.
>
> o The voting page leads you to believe you need to vote on
>    your own submission, e.g. by displaying "not yet voted" on
>    the overview page and not skipping your own submission when
>    clicking "Save and Next". Of course, you will then get the
>    appropriate error on saving, but you also can't navigate
>    directly to the next image for voting.
>
> o I've been missing a link from the voting page for an
>    image back to the voting overview of all images.

I would also like to see an option to change your upload. For instance, my
image uploaded, but the source didn't upload for some reason. It would
have been nice to be able to go back and upload just the source.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

"The spoon is not real"