POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Voting Server Time
15 Jun 2024 05:38:26 EDT (-0400)
  Voting (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Peter Hertel
Subject: SV: Voting
Date: 19 Aug 2000 17:57:38
Message: <399f02d2@news.povray.org>
> kind of like Micks entry in the nature round.

here's the address.. if someone don't want to search
http://oz.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1998-06-30/islands.jpg

--
Peter
http://hertel.no/bigone

Post a reply to this message

From: Doug Eichenberg
Subject: Re: Voting
Date: 20 Aug 2000 12:09:22
Message: <39a002b2$1@news.povray.org>
> Okay, I agree. But I still think a vast majority of entries would
> be from people who don't have a clue about such abstraction and who
> would just put some spheres and planes.
>
> But, no. I'm beeing too negative here. Let's trust people. Okay,
> where do we vote/apply pressure to?

You're right, of course... many of the entries will be concoctions of basic
primitives, probably floating over checkered planes.  But then, I can tell
you with much confidence that many of the entries in the current round
(the Sea) will be boats or underwater scenes.  It's the handful of really
creative entries I'd be interested in seeing.

Anyhow, go to this link to register and vote on the topics (there are
a lot of them, incidentally...):

http://www.irtc.org/perl/topics.pl

Doug Eichenberg
http://www.getinfo.net/douge