POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Picture size rules for IRTC stills Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:56:31 EDT (-0400)
  Picture size rules for IRTC stills (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Picture size rules for IRTC stills
Date: 10 Jan 2000 08:54:47
Message: <3879E4BB.7A25CA29@inapg.inra.fr>
What about proposing slightly different rules about the maximum picture
size for IRTC stills ?
Currently, the maximum size is 800x600. All images having a larger
heigth or width are automatically rejected. For vertical images, the FAQ
says that one could submit a rotated picture instead, something I don't
find very practical.
IMHO, this rule could be changed a little, so that images with other
ratios than 4/3 could be accepted without losing too much pixels in the
process. Presently, a 600 x 800 image must be resized to 450 x 600 to
obey the rule (-45% of the picture surface !).

I propose that the rule be changed as follows :

- Images should contain less than 480000 pixels

This would allow for 800x600, 600x800 and many other formats. A 16/9
picture would fit in a 912 x 513 frame and so on. This wouldn't change
the image size in kb.

What do you think, and how would it be a problem for the IRTC Admins ?

Gilles Tran

Post a reply to this message