POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Gardens - Panormaic vs standard 800x600? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:41:33 EDT (-0400)
  Gardens - Panormaic vs standard 800x600? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Robert J Becraft
Subject: Gardens - Panormaic vs standard 800x600?
Date: 7 Dec 1999 07:25:53
Message: <384cfcd1@news.povray.org>
How do folks feel about using a 1200x300 panoramic instead of the standard
800x600 pic for the current IRTC entry???????  My image is much more
impressive in the 1200x300 format over the 800x600 but I don't want to
submit something that people aren't going to like.

Thoughts?

Robert J Becraft
cas### [at] aolcom

Post a reply to this message

Robert J Becraft <cas### [at] aolcom> wrote:
: How do folks feel about using a 1200x300 panoramic instead of the standard
: 800x600 pic for the current IRTC entry???????  My image is much more
: impressive in the 1200x300 format over the 800x600 but I don't want to
: submit something that people aren't going to like.

  I think that images bigger than 800x600 are automatically rejected.

> How do folks feel about using a 1200x300 panoramic instead of the standard
> 800x600 pic for the current IRTC entry???????  My image is much more
> impressive in the 1200x300 format over the 800x600 but I don't want to
> submit something that people aren't going to like.
>
> Thoughts?

I believe for the average entrant the 4 to 3 ratio is much more
convienient than a 4 to 1 ratio (this is also true for me). Not every
scene is usable for the 4:1 ratio ... mine isn't.

I believe you are allowed to use 800x200 if you really need this ratio.

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler

Post a reply to this message