POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Re: Gardens in December? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:39:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gardens in December? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Jon A  Cruz
Subject: Re: Gardens in December?
Date: 28 Nov 1999 17:36:14
Message: <3841AE91.F44AA9C6@geocities.com>
Bruce wrote:

> Gardens? Now how am I supposed to go outside and find a decent example
> of a garden to copy in the middle of winter? Don't they realize some of
> us live North of Texas? So I went outside and took a few photos of my
> garden anyways. Should be fairly simple to make a pretty realistic
> rendering, all I really need is a fairly smooth height-field, along with
> a nice off-white snow texture. All is not lost though, since I fully
> expect the June/July topic to be Snow Covered Trees. Those sly IRTC
> devils. But I'll be ready for them.

Snow? Isn't that the white stuff that stays up in the mountains where it
belongs???

Maybe some of these will help

http://www.usc.edu/dept/garden/
http://www.gardenweb.com/
http://www.mobot.org/
http://www.nortonsimon.org/nsmmon.htm
http://gardennet.com/gardenguidebook/ca.idc

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.

Post a reply to this message