POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : What's with the landmarks IRTC winner? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  What's with the landmarks IRTC winner? (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Ron Parker
Subject: What's with the landmarks IRTC winner?
Date: 16 Sep 1999 23:24:36
Message: <37e1b2a1.256826290@news.povray.org>
Did the IRTC become the Internet Rendering Tools Competition while I
slept last night?  If not, how did this win?

>RENDERER USED:
>    3D Studio Max default renderer

And what about this?

>the sun was softened by a fadin Lens Effect Flare
>rendered in Video post.

Can we have a clarification on the question of whether
postprocessing being "built in" to your renderer makes it legal?
Should I start working on that Photoshop plugin patch for POV-Ray now?

And please note that this is not sour grapes.  I didn't enter the
competition this round.  I'm just disappointed to see a bunch of
imagemaps rendered with a scanline renderer in seven minutes win this
round when there were so many more deserving entries.

Post a reply to this message

> Did the IRTC become the Internet Rendering Tools Competition while I
> slept last night?  If not, how did this win?
>
> >RENDERER USED:
> >    3D Studio Max default renderer
>
> And what about this?
>
> >the sun was softened by a fadin Lens Effect Flare
> >rendered in Video post.
>
> Can we have a clarification on the question of whether
> postprocessing being "built in" to your renderer makes it legal?
> Should I start working on that Photoshop plugin patch for POV-Ray now?
>
> And please note that this is not sour grapes.  I didn't enter the
> competition this round.  I'm just disappointed to see a bunch of
> imagemaps rendered with a scanline renderer in seven minutes win this
> round when there were so many more deserving entries.

The admins said several times that rendering in general is OK, same with
me. But for the post filters I allways give a malus. Looks like a lot of
people don't read the texts that belong to the pics, but that doesn't
wonder me.
This wasn't the only pic that used postprocessing. Anyway I did enter so
I better shut up! :-P

Marc

--
Marc Schimmler