POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : What about... Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  What about... (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: What about...
Date: 30 Aug 2010 03:58:57
Message: <4c7b64c1$1@news.povray.org>
making a change to the animation rules, to replace mpeg-1 encoding with
WebM (the new html5 video standard) ?
(Allow to have stereo sound by default)

(I wonder about the filesize limit too, but as I do not know if place is
an issue on the server nor how well WebM can be more efficient than
mpeg-1, I guess that the 10 megabytes limit is still fine in theory, at
least until we get more experience with that format)

and then having some animation rounds ?

--
A good Manager will take you
through the forest, no mater what.

Post a reply to this message

> making a change to the animation rules, to replace mpeg-1 encoding with
> WebM (the new html5 video standard) ?
> (Allow to have stereo sound by default)
>
> (I wonder about the filesize limit too, but as I do not know if place is
> an issue on the server nor how well WebM can be more efficient than
> mpeg-1, I guess that the 10 megabytes limit is still fine in theory, at
> least until we get more experience with that format)
>
> and then having some animation rounds ?

To the great chagrin of a very many of us, it appears that there is no interest
on the part of IRTC of getting Animations contests back on line.