POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : What is "Technical Merit"? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:08:42 EDT (-0400)
  What is "Technical Merit"? (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Subject: Re: What is "Technical Merit"?
Date: 17 Feb 2005 08:47:22
Message: <4214a06a$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> If the animation has sound, and if that sound contains dialog, Would it
> necessarily be a bad thing to knock points off for poor lip sync at that
> point?

Sure, but you should add a comment telling the entrant that you gave the
animation e.g. a bad technical score because of poor lip-syncing, and
not because "it relied on a soundtrack"...

IHMO lip syncing and animating talking faces is an interesting and funny
topic (and clearly belongs to "animation"). It's a bit hard to do
without sound though... ;-)

Post a reply to this message