POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : EXPORT FROM WINGS 3D Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:34:38 EDT (-0400)
  EXPORT FROM WINGS 3D (Message 3 to 12 of 12)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: EXPORT FROM WINGS 3D
Date: 13 May 2007 15:25:32
Message: <4647662c$1@news.povray.org>
I did a search on the filename and found it elsewhere on the web...While
it says it might not work with more recent versions of Wings, it seems to
work fine...

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: triple r
Date: 13 May 2007 17:30:02
Message: <web.46478293a0651b1401324710@news.povray.org>
"dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote:
> I was wondering...... if anyone knows if there is an export plug-in to POV
> from WINGS 3D? If there is where could I find it.....The Link on the WINGS
> home page for a plug-in can not be found......
>
> Thanks
>   Darin

I got stuck with this problem a while ago, but I exported the .obj format
and realized it's just a mesh2 in different syntax.  Lately I've just been
using a simple little shell script that is horribly inefficient but does
the trick.  It would be very simple and much more efficient to write a
little converter in c or something, but if you have access to a unix-like
system it works although it might combine all objects together.  It should
handle uv-mapping and normals without a problem.  You just have to make
sure it's triangulated when exported.

http://home.eng.iastate.edu/~rreusser/converttopov.sh

Yes, I know it couldn't be much worse, but it's worked for me.

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message