POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : April 30th approaching... Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:11:46 EDT (-0400)
  April 30th approaching... (Message 21 to 23 of 23)
From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: April 30th approaching...
Date: 5 May 2007 19:50:56
Message: <463d1860@news.povray.org>
Markus Altendorff wrote:
> John VanSickle wrote:
>
>> St. wrote:
>>
>>>     *Animations will DEFINATELY be included on our new website, so
>>> get your
>>> thinking cap on. It will be ready for approximately the middle of
>>> July to
>>> upload your file, (>12MB cap). Look out for an update on this in the
>>> coming
>>> months.  :)
>>

>> Um, do you mean to say that animations must be a *minimum* of 12
>> megabytes?
>

> Hey, that's easy to do! Just increase the bitrate of the compressor :)
>
> No, my guess would be it's the upload file size limit of the web
> server's script engine, since it was mentioned earlier the new website's
> going to be heavily automated. Not necessarily connected to the file
> size limit as declared in the IRTC rules.
>
> I wouldn't complain about a 20% file size increase, either :)

It probably wouldn't affect me, unless the 12M limit was a lower limit;
I've never had to cut to reduce the size of my .mpg files.

Regards,
JOhn

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 8 May 2007 03:47:07
Message: <46402afb$1@news.povray.org>
"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> St. wrote:

>> upload your file, (>12MB cap).

> Um, do you mean to say that animations must be a *minimum* of 12
> megabytes?

     No, no, sorry, I meant an upper cap of 12 Mb's. Seeing as how the
Stills get an extra 100kb's, then I thought anims should get a little extra
too.

      ~Steve~

> Regards,
> John