POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : IRTC...The Future Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:03:05 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC...The Future (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: dbott
Subject: IRTC...The Future
Date: 25 Jan 2007 00:23:03
Message: <45b83eb7@news.povray.org>
Like I said earlier, I am just a programming hobbyist.
(kinda nerdy thing to do, but I like it) I am self-
employed and very successful. I taught myself  POV
and submitted an animation for the first time.
Only to find out IRTC is in a BLACK HOLE.
All you animators should read the last couple
of threads of irtc.stills. (Markus Altendorff told
me to do this) I am sad, I followed IRTC the
last two years and learned from it......
dbott
Here is the last thread I read from irtc.stills:

Greetings once again everyone.
As I promised in my last message, posted on the "New Topic?" thread,
I have returned with word from a Povray administrator concerning the
situation
with the IRTC.

The message I received is as follows:

>> I am concerned about the situation too, and have raised it with the
[IRTC]
>> admins. One of them (who normally does the final round processing) is not
>> responding to email, so I don't really know what is up.

>> Ultimately, if the IRTC isn't going to work properly anymore, probably it
>> might be time for it to have a rest. The code developed for POVCOMP is
>> available to restructure into a new competition, if someone wants to take
>> on the work, but it would be a fair job to make it all work automatically
>> (which IMO is important). I will of course offer support for this and the
>> needed hosting.

>> At the moment all we can do is wait and see what eventuates.

So it looks like there's a certain amount of confusion taking place among
the Povray admins themselves.

Perhaps we should be patient for a while longer and see what happens
concerning the IRTC.  Though, in the meantime, it would probably be prudent
to continue developing plans for a potential successor to the IRTC, if it
should fail altogether.

Also, as I've said before, I vote for "primitives" for the Jan-Feb
pseudo-competition.  But, then, where would we send our submissions to?
Would someone be willing to accept entries (just this one time) and post
them online?

Regards,

-Isaac K

Post a reply to this message

> Like I said earlier, I am just a programming hobbyist.
> (kinda nerdy thing to do, but I like it) I am self-
> employed and very successful. I taught myself  POV
> and submitted an animation for the first time.
> Only to find out IRTC is in a BLACK HOLE.

No it's not. Just because something has an attraction doesn't make it a
black hole. You may want to think of your upload as a file backup to a
write-only device for now, but i'm still hoping. ;)

> All you animators should read the last couple
> of threads of irtc.stills. (Markus Altendorff told
> me to do this) I am sad, I followed IRTC the
> last two years and learned from it......

No need for sadness, i guess. Looks like there's enough people
interested in it to keep it going, we may just need a bit of time to
sort things out :)

For fun: hey, i've sorted the IRTC's topics suggestions list in
mysterious ways. Let's play topics lottery: Post a number between 1 and
55 and i'll tell you what topic that would be ;)
Then feel free to animate something around that ;)

-Markus

Post a reply to this message

"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote in message
> dbott schrieb:
> > Like I said earlier, I am just a programming hobbyist.
> > (kinda nerdy thing to do, but I like it) I am self-
> > employed and very successful. I taught myself  POV
> > and submitted an animation for the first time.
> > Only to find out IRTC is in a BLACK HOLE.
>
> No it's not. Just because something has an attraction doesn't make it a
> black hole. You may want to think of your upload as a file backup to a
> write-only device for now, but i'm still hoping. ;)
>
> > All you animators should read the last couple
> > of threads of irtc.stills. (Markus Altendorff told
> > me to do this) I am sad, I followed IRTC the
> > last two years and learned from it......
>
> No need for sadness, i guess. Looks like there's enough people
> interested in it to keep it going, we may just need a bit of time to
> sort things out :)
>
> For fun: hey, i've sorted the IRTC's topics suggestions list in
> mysterious ways. Let's play topics lottery: Post a number between 1 and
> 55 and i'll tell you what topic that would be ;)
> Then feel free to animate something around that ;)
>
> -Markus

I hope it all works out for the irtc.......Ok, as for my number, how
dbott

Post a reply to this message