POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : I'm #9 at Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:46:56 -0400 (EDT). <EOM> Server Time
29 Mar 2024 08:39:40 EDT (-0400)
  I'm #9 at Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:46:56 -0400 (EDT). <EOM> (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: I'm #9 at Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:46:56 -0400 (EDT). <EOM>
Date: 15 Jul 2004 23:48:10
Message: <40f74ffa$1@news.povray.org>

Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Subject: Re: I'm #9 at Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:46:56 -0400 (EDT). <EOM>
Date: 16 Jul 2004 08:20:00
Message: <40f7c7f0$1@news.povray.org>
The topic kinda threw people.  I had a non-Rusty idea running around in
my head, but my modeler still had too many limitations to make it
worthwhile.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: gregjohn
Date: 16 Jul 2004 09:10:01
Message: <web.40f7d2efd6b5db5d40d56c170@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> The topic kinda threw people.  I had a non-Rusty idea running around in
> my head, but my modeler still had too many limitations to make it
> worthwhile.
>
> Regards,
> John

I originally had a script that went like this:

>> Villian trains evil robot to destroy MIME Man.   The evening that robot happens to
choose to seek out MIME Man is ni
ght of big dance revue in Hall of M.I.M.E..  MIME Man is on stange dancing.  Evil
robot plods toward him to kill but is
 caught up in the joy of dancing and begins dancing in perfect step with those on
stage. <<

It might have been fun to produce but I just became fearful of "what if no
one gets it" and that deflated all joy out of even starting it.

Yeah, the topic was quite lame.

Q: so when your modeller produces a boned object that can be manipulated by
povray, does this mean that it simply maninpulates "independent" and
"closed" meshes, or can you actually  "bend a knee"?

Greg M. Johnson

Post a reply to this message

> John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
>>The topic kinda threw people.  I had a non-Rusty idea running around in
>>my head, but my modeler still had too many limitations to make it
>>worthwhile.
>>
>>Regards,
>>John
>

> I originally had a script that went like this:
>

>>>Villian trains evil robot to destroy MIME Man.   The evening that robot happens to
choose to seek out MIME Man is ni

> ght of big dance revue in Hall of M.I.M.E..  MIME Man is on stange dancing.  Evil
robot plods toward him to kill but is
>  caught up in the joy of dancing and begins dancing in perfect step with those on
stage. <<

> It might have been fun to produce but I just became fearful of "what if no
> one gets it" and that deflated all joy out of even starting it.
>
> Yeah, the topic was quite lame.

I had the idea of a dance being performed by a couple from one of the
races enslaved by the Greb.  This would be interrupted by one of their
own, who is collaborating with the Greb.  Punishments and vows of
revenge ensue.

Maybe some day.

> Q: so when your modeller produces a boned object that can be manipulated by
> povray, does this mean that it simply maninpulates "independent" and
> "closed" meshes, or can you actually  "bend a knee"?

The models have bones.  A POV-Ray script can pass values for the angles
to the script file generated by the modeler.

The vertices of the mesh, if attached to the bone, will move with the
bone.

So yes, you can bend a knee.

Regards,
John