POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : it's a question of copyright ... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:46:16 EDT (-0400)
  it's a question of copyright ... (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Re: it's a question of copyright ...
Date: 14 Feb 2004 00:07:13
Message: <402dad01$1@news.povray.org>
"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> The Trek material is not in the public domain.  If your work is set in
> Star Trek's fictional setting, you need Paramount's permission or you
> are technically in violation.

I was reading a book somewhere, and the actual title escapes me -- it might
have been about art or scifi or 3D modelling or what have you.  But the
authors were afraid to put the words S-T-A-R- T-R-E-K  in print, even though
they were making indirect references to it,  and they stated that they were
afraid of lawsuits from Paramount for infringing on their work.