POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Yet another copyright question Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:32:33 EDT (-0400)
  Yet another copyright question (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Matt Beighton
Subject: Yet another copyright question
Date: 23 Jan 2003 09:08:13
Message: <3e2ff74d@news.povray.org>
Reading the recent posts on copyright protected music has caused me concern
over my current project for the journey round.  I am planning on doing an
advert style anim. and wondered what the rules are for copyrighted brand
names, such as an advert for Coca Cola or Fosters lager etc.  It would of
course be in a non derogortory way, but do i need to create my own brand for
the purpose of my anim?  The only reason im trying to usea recognised brand
is because I think people willr elate more to the point with a recognised
brand.
any views?

cheers
Matt