POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Ooops ! Wrong file type Server Time
16 May 2024 04:42:55 EDT (-0400)
  Ooops ! Wrong file type (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Duncan Gray
Subject: Ooops ! Wrong file type
Date: 12 Oct 2000 17:29:12
Message: <39e62d28@news.povray.org>
Anyone know the effect of submitting an IRTC animation with progressive
encoding used on the JPG poster file ? I have only just noticed, the ITRC
rules say this is not permitted. I dread to think that the last 6-8 weeks
work are for nothing so I have emailed the Admin team with an appology and a
replacement JPG file.

Guess I just have to hope for the best.

Duncan

Post a reply to this message

> Anyone know the effect of submitting an IRTC animation with
> progressive encoding used on the JPG poster file ? I have only just
> noticed, the ITRC rules say this is not permitted. I dread to think
> that the last 6-8 weeks work are for nothing so I have emailed the
> Admin team with an appology and a replacement JPG file.

They only disqualify if your animation itself is in violation of the
rules.  The server will either accept your animation (in which case
providing a replacement JPG should tidy things over) or it will reject
it, in which case you merely re-submit, with the correct JPG.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459