POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : [ANNOUNCE] IRTC animation winners for Oct 1999--Jan 2000 Server Time
16 May 2024 01:07:14 EDT (-0400)
  [ANNOUNCE] IRTC animation winners for Oct 1999--Jan 2000 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ken
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] IRTC animation winners for Oct 1999--Jan 2000
Date: 1 Feb 2000 22:41:47
Message: <3897A770.A643A8FB@pacbell.net>
Reposted from IRTC mailing list:

Ken

----------------

All the votes are in for the October-January 2000 round of the Internet Ray
Tracing Animation Competition, and the winners are:

   First place:   Gladiators (gladtrs.mpg) by Steve Townrow
   Second place:  Robotz (robotz.mpg) by Michael Visser
   Third place:   Traffic (traffic.mpg) by H. E. Day (Howard Earl)

And our Honorable Mentions for this round are:

   Artistic Merit:   Revenge (revenge.mpg) by Mike Norton & Willem-Paul van
Overbruggen
   Technical Merit:  Robot Factory (djlrobot.mpg) by Dan Lauer
   Concept/Theme:    FlyBuster (flybuste.mpg) by Marlo Steed

The complete tabulated results of the public vote are available:

   ftp://ftp.irtc.org/pub/anims/2000-01-15/zipped-up/results.txt
   http://www.irtc.org/anims/2000-01-15.html

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone who participated in the
competition.  Please join us for the current round!

IRTC Admin.

Post a reply to this message

>    First place:   Gladiators (gladtrs.mpg) by Steve Townrow

That was the one I was going to say was my favorite but didn't because I didn't want
influence the voting. :)

-Mike