POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Re: cmpeg not being nice to me Server Time
16 May 2024 11:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cmpeg not being nice to me (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Nieminen Juha
Subject: Re: cmpeg not being nice to me
Date: 31 Jan 2000 04:07:27
Message: <389550cf@news.povray.org>
Serge <sgl### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
: 2 - It categorically rejects working if I use the framelist parameter
: which requires 0's to be padded eg:   cmpeg -t1 ipb.ctl file%02d.tga
: movie.mpg won't work, but would if I specify a file containing all the
: image filenames. Even with cut and paste, it's still a lot of manual
: typing to create the list :(

  Graphical GUIs like Windows have taught bad habits to people.
  The command line interpreter (usually command.com in windows) is a very
handy tool, my friend. I warmly suggest you to learn how to use it.
  I use cmpeg a lot and also have the problem of the framelist parameter not
working, so I always use the filename listing file method. The file is very
easyly created with a command like:

dir /b /on *.tga > frames.lst

>2 - It categorically rejects working if I use the framelist parameter
>which requires 0's to be padded eg:   cmpeg -t1 ipb.ctl file%02d.tga

Your first frame has to be frame 0 and not frame 1, then it works ok.
Ingo

> I just started using cmpeg a few days ago and test compiled a few
> animations.
>
> 2 - It categorically rejects working if I use the framelist parameter
> which requires 0's to be padded eg:   cmpeg -t1 ipb.ctl file%02d.tga
> movie.mpg won't work, but would if I specify a file containing all the
> image filenames. Even with cut and paste, it's still a lot of manual
> typing to create the list :(
>
> What, if anything, can I do about this?

In addition to the advice ingo gave, you also need to make sure that
the frames are consecutively numbered, or else CMPEG will stop at the
first discontinuity, if you use the pattern matching option.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459

Post a reply to this message

If you use W95/98 or NT4 and haven't had any success yet, you could try my
Windows front end to CMPEG, to be found at http://stols.net .

--
Regards,
Sander

Serge <sgl### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in berichtnieuws
3895305F.A3F614CD@hotmail.com...