POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : IRTC CDROM's and supporting this site Server Time
13 Jun 2024 00:56:04 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC CDROM's and supporting this site (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: newsadmin
Subject: IRTC CDROM's and supporting this site
Date: 14 Jun 1999 07:22:39
Message: <3767e643.10980390@news.povray.org>
As many regular visitors to the povray.org and irtc.org websites know, the
operating costs of the various facilities that make up the povray.org and
irtc.org online presence are subsidized by sales of the IRTC CDROM's. This
message is aimed mostly at those who are not aware of this relationship.

With recent to our own co-located server, these costs have increased. The new
server (which is owned by us, rather than being rented or shared) will, amongst
other things, eventually be extensively database-backed, thus allowing us to
offer a richer web environment along with long-missing facilities such as user
uploads, search, online tutorials, user-editable link lists, and so forth.
(These won't come immediately but will be phased in over the next few months).

Hallam Oaks P/L (a private company owned by a POV-Team member) makes these CD's
available via http://www.aussie.org/products/. Secure online ordering via
credit card is available. If you have enjoyed the often amazing work that the
IRTC has produced over the past three years, and do not have the IRTC CD's, you
have the opportunity to get both year one and year two complete on CDROM. [Year
Three is expected on CDROM later this year].

-- POV-Ray Webmaster

Post a reply to this message