POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Gumby videos Server Time
16 May 2024 14:42:40 EDT (-0400)
  Gumby videos (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Gumby videos
Date: 8 Feb 1999 20:15:00
Message: <36bf8c14.0@news.povray.org>
I just rented a "Gumby & Pokey" video.  At my local Blockbuster's, they
were something like 2 for $2 for 5 nights.  I wholeheartedly recommend
these to any potential IRTC animations submitters.

First of all, it's amazing how these videos, produced in 1956, have a
very adult sophistication, with some really bizarre content enough to
provoke the imagination of adult, while being absolutely pure in content
for a 5-year old.  In contrast, I was saddened at how many Japanese
anime cartoons had "adult warnings" on them.

Second, it was neat to see how this show, with clay figurines, must have
inspired everyone from SNL's Mr. Bill to "Davey & Goliath"  to  Nick
Parks' "A Grand Day Out."

Third, every episode has some really neat PLOT introduced in a compact
format, something that makes a good IRTC entry.

Post a reply to this message