POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Any topic ideas? : Re: Any topic ideas? Server Time
26 Jul 2024 19:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any topic ideas?
From: Ken
Date: 25 Feb 1999 14:31:58
Message: <36D5A4A2.237CD636@pacbell.net>
Mike Norton wrote:

> Hey, im racking my brains trying to figure out what to do for the comp
> this round.  Has anyone got any spare ideas for gadgets and strange
> objects?
>
> Thanks
>
> MANorton
> http://www.jps.net/manorton/blender

  I've always been a big fan of the (spelling ?) Rube Goldberg contest
held each year. Dedicated to making something as complicated looking
as possible that serves little or no purpose what so ever. Things like
a mechanism to trigger the morning alarm clock using twenty mechanical
steps to do it, build a better mouse trap, find a new ingenious way to
crack an egg, well you get the picture. A lot of universities hold
similar competitions each year and often are made up of a team from
the engineering and physics labs. Don't start with a plan just let
it unfold as individual seemingly unrelated things that some how work
together to accomplish a goal.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net