POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Blobs: Error 1: Negative Values: Holes! / Error 2: Alpha Value Overwriting? : Re: Blobs: Error 1: Negative Values: Holes! / Error2:AlphaValueOverwriting? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 00:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs: Error 1: Negative Values: Holes! / Error2:AlphaValueOverwriting?
From: clipka
Date: 23 Dec 2015 09:17:11
Message: <567aace7$1@news.povray.org>
Fortunately I happen to have found what I think was the last broken
comment, so here's some preliminary feedback:

Am 23.12.2015 um 08:00 schrieb Sven Littkowski:

> This test code still shows the following errors (I just tested):
> - no dark shadow on lower blob areas (the gray hull has them)

That's just plain normal radiosity. That portion of the ship receives
some indirect illumination from other parts of the ship that are
receiving direct light.

The inside of the hull is pitch black because the only other part of the
ship "visible" from there is the opposite inside of the hull, which
faces away from the light source and therefore does not receive any
direct light.

Note that if you specify "recustion_limit 2" and crank up the light's
brightness by a factor of 10, even the inside of the hull isn't pitch
black anymore, because then it'll also pick up "doubly indirect" light,
of which it gets a tiny bit (from its directly lit strip near the
opening, "bounced off" the opposite inside of the hull).