POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "Why the moon landings could never have been faked" - excellent video : Re: "Why the moon landings could never have been faked" - excellent video Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:29:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Why the moon landings could never have been faked" - excellent video
From: Warp
Date: 6 Nov 2014 10:40:11
Message: <545b965b@news.povray.org>
> In July 1969 I was on fieldwork in Southern France. I remember like the
> day of yesterday how our team was stretched out in a dry river bed at
> night (with some booze) looking up at the Moon and marvelling about the
> fact that men were walking there overhead. It was a truly magical moment.

Btw, this is closely related to one of the reasons why I consider
conspiracy theorists to be such huge assholes.

The Apollo missions are a true marvel, one of the greatest achievements
of humankind in recent history. We can all admire in awe both our
technological progress and the courage of the men who put their lives
at risk to go beyond anything we had done before.

Then these conspiratards come and destroy people's childhood awe and
admiration by deceiving them, lying to them and using all the tricks
in the book to make them believe in falsities. They are crushing people's
childhoods and dreams with lies and deception. The people who once admired
those achievements end up feeling disillusioned and defrauded. They are
being lied to, but not by NASA. By those conspiratards.

The sad thing is how effective the techniques are that conspiracy theorists
use to convince people. It's like a religion. Once you become converted,
it's really, really hard to deconvert you, to make you see that you are
believing a lie, and that your original views are, in fact, the actual
truth.

--
                                                          - Warp