POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Shay
Date: 11 Oct 2013 22:32:58
Message: <5258b4da$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/11/2013 06:30 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:42:01 -0500, Shay wrote:
>
>> The only sane answer is that I would not force a hospital to do any of
>> these. I would let the hospital decide.
>
> So, how would you fix the healthcare problems in the US?
>
> Jim

A typical authoritarian question.

No debate of the merits, no concept of opportunity cost, no mention of
the /they/ that would administer "your" fixes. Just, "I've got this
magic wand here, gau-ran-teed to make things better. Why wouldn't I wave
it? And what could you come up with that's possibly better than a magic
wand?"

The real question is:

How would I _attempt_ to improve the US healthcare system
1. without killing the goose that produced all the medicines and
procedures we're so eager to universally provide?
2. while trying to keep the "powers that be" from using any new
authority I give them in corrupt ways?

The real answer is:

I would send a few bills to kidney-disease research. But that's not the
kind of answer you want, is it?

OK, my "magic wand" answer:

I'd improve health care by taking all the money away from the people who
are dropping bombs on other people.

I've given you two posts of reasons why these are the best answers I can
give you. Have a second look or continue to pointlessly attempt
ownership of compassion.

  -Shay