POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fitness : Re: Fitness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitness
From: Warp
Date: 2 Feb 2012 11:46:07
Message: <4f2abdcf@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> So my question is: How do I increase my stamina?

  1 hour of cardio each day, 6 days a week.

  "Cardio" means that your heart rate raises, you sweat and you have to
breath slightly more heavily than normally.

  It doesn't really matter how you achieve this, but walking/jogging is
a good way. (The advantage in your case is that it makes your leg muscles
fitter at the same time, which should be a bonus.)

  I recommend a 7-10 km route. Start walking it at a relatively fast pace.
If you are not very fit, don't even try to jog. Just walk. At first you
probably won't make it under 1 hour, but with time you will. Aim for that.

  Not on asphalt! Find a nature trail or similar softer route.

  No slacking off. It doesn't matter if it's raining (just take an umbrella)
or you are feeling lazy. No excuses. (Don't go if you have the flu, though.
That could be even deadly.)

  In about 3 to 5 months you could start trying to jog a bit. Perhaps you'll
find that you can jog all the way. Don't start too early, though. Walk for
the first 3 to 5 months.

  I can assure you that if you follow this for at least 6 months, you'll
be fitter than you have ever been in your life.

--
                                                          - Warp