POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PIPA and SOPA : Re: PIPA and SOPA Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIPA and SOPA
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Jan 2012 17:44:40
Message: <4f1f3458$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/24/2012 2:30 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> And that Osama Bin Laden is dead?
>
> Actually, no. I heard Saddam was dead, but I didn't know they ever found
> Osama.

Yeah, Obama had a tiny number of troops slip into Pakistan, to his **in
bloody plain sight** compound, using some sort of stealth copters
(special blades, which cancelled most of the usual noise, and other
stuff), and took him out in very short order, before the Pakistanis even
had a clue anything was going on. Its unclear which embarrassed them
more, the fact that we found him, while they didn't have a clue who was
in that compound (or at least no one higher up seemed to), or that we
did it without them even having a clue it was happening.

Only minor hickup was that they tapped on blade of one chopper on the
wall, on the way in, and had to leave it there after the mission. I
assume they got it out since, but last I saw there where just pictures
of it floating around, with confused Pakistani soldiers looking it over.

But yeah, lot of idiots claiming this is the worst president we ever
had, and a lot legitimate complaints about him, but he managed in a few
months what Bush and Co. couldn't do in a decade, along with a fair long
list of other things, none of which would have happened with one of the
idiots calling him "the worst" in office instead.

Could have been better, but hell.. what can you do when you couldn't
probably even pass a law saying, "The sky is blue", without having the
less insane Republicans first agree with it, then tack on 50 idiot
things that undermine civil liberties, or mandate insane shit, at the
behest of the Tea Party, then claim, due to pressure from the same Tea
Party crazies that they disagree with it, then finally come out
insisting they never thought it was blue in the first place (because
they might lose their job, if they went against the crazies now running
the Republicans), and all, at least in part, because they want to, "make
Obama a one term president".

We are dealing with some true nuts right now, like the one Senator that
has just proposed a bill banning the use of fetuses in human food, on
the theory that this is the **only** possible thing that someone might
use "recombinant methods" to do, in food manufacturing... WTF?