POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The S.S. Cuttlefish : Re: The S.S. Cuttlefish Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The S.S. Cuttlefish
From: Artemia Salina
Date: 10 Aug 2006 13:59:46
Message: <44db7412@news.povray.org>
Charles C wrote:
> I can imagine a very high turn rate on this thing!

If you reverse one engine the craft will rotate on it's axis like a top
at an extremely high rate of speed. The downside of that is when firing
the guns you quickly find yourself in a cloud of brass.

> I can imagine it hiding in canyons, popping out from behind a precipice
> striking a much larger craft and dissapearing again before being seen.

The reason it's called the Cuttlefish is that it's hull is made of a
moulded LCD material which is computer controlled. This allows it's
color to change instantaineously, just like a real cuttlefish. Sampling
cameras on-board feed imagery of it's surroundings to the computer which
can be displayed on the hull, making the ship effectively invisible.

Well, that's what I imagine, anyway!

Here's a shot of the ship "unloading some ballast."

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ship1.jpg' (42 KB)

Preview of image 'ship1.jpg'