POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The lock door... : Re: The lock door... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The lock door...
From: Rick Measham
Date: 13 Jan 2006 16:26:59
Message: <43c81b23$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v2 wrote:
> Very impressive, in my opinion. Not quite perfect, but I can't put my
> finger on why...

Looks great, the textures are just lovely.

But while we have our fingers out, there's a couple of compositions
things I'll put my finger on:

1. The two doors should come a lot closer to meeting as should the
    vertical timbers
2. There's (possibly deliberate) evenly-spaced filleting down the
    vertical timbers
3. The lock isn't held to the door in any way that will stop intrusion
	3a. The RHS needs to have bolts or hotrivet through the timber
	    - round heads on the outside (and inside if they're
	    hotrivets and the long part of the hinge normally sits over
	    the top of that part making it even harder to unbolt.
	3b. If you don't fold it over then the hinge-pin in the door
	    needs to be away from the gap between the doors so that all
	    that is exposed to the other side is flat iron
4. The doors need diagonal cross-bracing .. this holds the door up and
    will stop it sagging

(If you're going for the look of low-tech (despite the padlock) then
you'll need to make the doors sag a fair bit and increase the size of
screws and bolt to the point where they could be hand-forged)

If you don't hate me right now, care to share that timber texture?

Cheers!
Rick Measham