POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere reflecting crimes over a checkered plane : Re: Sphere reflecting crimes over a checkered plane Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere reflecting crimes over a checkered plane
From: Ron Mayer
Date: 25 Oct 2004 04:46:56
Message: <417cbd80@news.povray.org>
Another crime visualization.

In this case using blobs to make the highest concentration areas of
crime easily visible by making it look like blood - or strawberry
jelly :) - spilled on the map.

Again, advice on how to better convey information or visualize the data
would be appreciated.

In particular, I want to make the volume of a blob roughly proportional
to the number or severity of events that occurred inside it; but with
the blob parameters I can't seem to find an easy way to make 100 events
have a 10x bigger blob than 10 events without 1x blobs vanishing.  Maybe
I need a low threshold or something?  I'm not sure.

[PS: the crime data is fake, so just because you see stuff on your house
doesn't mean you should feel in danger]

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'good1_blood.png.jpg' (88 KB)