POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : many cylinders : Re: many cylinders Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: many cylinders
From: Shay
Date: 16 Feb 2004 10:30:45
Message: <4030e225@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:402f3d81@news.povray.org...

|   Excellent Shay! You always said that you like doing complex
| images, and I just wouldn't know where to start with something
| like this.

Actually, this fits the (I think it was Christoph Hormann in p.o-t)
definition of "Straightforward." I wish I had saved the post, but the
definition was something like "the solution is clear but requires too
much work, get an intern to do it." I have just started on a complex pic
about which I'm enthusiastic, however.

| Can you colour and texture those cylinders too? Just wondering
| what it would look like with some reflection in there.

It wouldn't look like much. The shape looks more substantial than it is
because I have placed a silhouette behind it to color it white. The
shape itself is nothing but a union of cylinders. There is not enough
room on each cylinder for a proper reflection or hilight. The cylinders
would just look speckled.

 -Shay