POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : polyhedron deformation (mpg1, 612kb) : Re: polyhedron deformation (mpg1, 612kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:30:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: polyhedron deformation (mpg1, 612kb)
From: Karl J  Anders
Date: 12 May 2002 04:38:27
Message: <3cde2a03@news.povray.org>
Im Beitrag <3CDE1D1F.52D06C80@pandora.be>, Herman Serras
<Her### [at] pandorabe> schrieb:

> That's a very nice illustration of a possible construction of the
> dodecahedron starting with a cube: on each face of the cube you put a
> pyramid and those pyramids are transformed into the "roofs" as already
> mentioned by Euclid to construct a dodecahedron. I also like the
> texture.
I forgot to add that I liked second best ( besides showing Euclid's
construction ) that it illustrates that you can transform the rhombic
dodecahedron into the regular dodecahedron by just tilting the planes a bit
around the edges of the inscribed cube ...

Mathematical greetings ;-)

Karl

--
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
(H.Ellison)