POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cd cover (600*600 78 kbu) : Re: cd cover (600*600 78 kbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:12:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cd cover (600*600 78 kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 22 Apr 2000 07:50:12
Message: <390191f4@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff wrote in message ...
>In article <38fed46b@news.povray.org>, "Gail Shaw"
><gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote:
>
>> This is a scene I did for the cover of a friend's cd
>> Flames by Ken Tyler.
>
>Two suggestions:
>First, the scene is too "clean", try making additional "dirt" layers for
>the textures. Some sooty smudges on the bricks and blackening on the
>grate in the firepace, for example.

Yeh, yeh I know <grin>

I was been rushed for this. Friend needed it by this weekend

>Second, the lighting doesn't look right. What is the purpose of those
>two little lamps if they don't produce the light? Even if they aren't
>the main source of light, there should be some detectable. You should
>definitely use light fading for the lamps, though, they wouldn't provide
>much long-distance illumination.

The lamps do produce some light (I think now too little and too faded)

>I would make the whole scene a bit darker, and make the two lamps the
>main sources of light.
>
>BTW, is it just me, or does that label on the bottle look familiar? :-)

<grin> It looks familiar

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * Reality.dat not found         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Attempting to reboot universe *
* Document program code? Why do you think it's called code?        *