POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : 2 suggestions for Megapatch 0.5 : Re: 2 suggestions for Megapatch 0.5 Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2 suggestions for Megapatch 0.5
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 11 Feb 2000 12:44:20
Message: <38a44a74@news.povray.org>
I like it, mainly because of the control over scene illumination.
You're suggesting a frosted filter effect having both a threshold and a
tolerance then I suppose.  Better yet would be a user-defined filter way of
doing it, perhaps an array describing the baseline method to use.  Something
similar to what I've seen in paint programs which might allow for a strength and
pattern to be set.  If anyone knows what I'm talking about.

Bob