POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : dat_?d_? : dat_?d_? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  dat_?d_?
From: david sharp
Date: 16 Dec 1999 23:15:34
Message: <3859b8e6@news.povray.org>
is there *any* interest in being able to use
".df3" media density files as input for the
dat_3d_3, dat_2d_1, (etc) SuperPatch
functions?
Like, are there many (any?) of these files
laying around looking for some purpose in life?

I just 'fixed' my copy of MegaPov to accept them
and they seem to work fine now, but is there a
*reason* to put this functionality into MegaPov?
I mean, its not like one is likely to make df3 files
for this purpose since the other formats are quite
adequate as far as I can see, except for the single
fact that .df3 contain their own sample dimensions,
while to use the files already accepted by the dat_?D_?
functions, one has to specify the sampling dimensions,
but that does not seem like much of a big deal to me.