POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : So much code, so little time. : So much code, so little time. Server Time
2 Sep 2024 18:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  So much code, so little time.
From: Mike
Date: 14 Oct 1999 21:56:23
Message: <3806879B.BDFF0156@aol.com>
I've been working on adding photon mapping to the superpatch (actually
my minipatch to the superpatch).  It didn't go very smoothly because of
the mix of Nathan's photon stuff and Mike Paul's reflection stuff, but I
finally got it working with just the angle-dependent reflectivity
working (I haven't added reflection blur yet).  There may also be a
thing or two for the superpatch not working because I had to start with
the uvpatches lighting.c.  For the most part I think it's OK though.

Anyway, I was wondering if I should try to adapt the angle_dependent
reflectivity for tracing photons?  I won't be using it for TIR - it
wouldn't be total if I did. :)

I'm not even going to consider reflection blurred photons since that's
overkill IMO.

-Mike