POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How do you feel : Re: How do you feel Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do you feel
From: Lummox JR
Date: 10 Oct 1999 00:40:07
Message: <38001944.7A7A@aol.com>
Mick Hazelgrove wrote:
> Please tell me what, if any, emotional response this image engenders

The POV-Ray Rorschach test, hmm?
Well, my feeling is: confused. It looks like I'm looking at an island,
but somehow it looks like I should be seeing more there than just a
rock. It looks like something's draped over a nub of rock on the left
end. Sick as it seems, the island actually reminded me more of a
close-up floating turd at first than anything else.
Other than that, emotionally I find the amount of red and gold in the
sky is a tad disconcerting; I liked the original better for sheer
beauty, though I guess that's not entirely what you were going for here.
As I thought in the prototype image: Excellent clouds and sun rays (they
look quite real, and I've seen my share), not-so-good water but a
fantastic great color for it.

Lummox JR