POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dali-esque V2 (AA + an idea) : Re: Dali-esque V2 (AA an idea) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dali-esque V2 (AA an idea)
From: Ph Gibone
Date: 26 Mar 1999 20:15:22
Message: <36fc312a.0@news.povray.org>
Once again I think I've been misunderstood (English's not my mother language
+ACE-) : I'm very pleased you liked the image(s) but my previous message was not
a request for recognition but another attempt to play with the idea that a
title can be

1) A designation (which it always is, even if you give a single letter as
title (Hi Govert +ADs--))
2) A description (when the title is made of at least one word, kinda memo)
3) An explanation (The worst from my point of view)
4) A trap (as this and the previous messages : are we talking about any
Dali-esque image ?)
5) Part of the piece (As Magritte's pipe)
6) Another piece (I think of Tanguy a surrealistic painter)
7) A trick (when there is no piece under the title : sorta mixed of +ACI-part
of+ACI- and +ACI-another+ACI- piece
7) Any other idea ???

Steve a +AOk-crit dans le message +ADw-36FC1FC9.408E6CAF+AEA-ndirect.co.uk+AD4-...
+AD4-I said it was good didn't I, and all of the earlier versions.
+AD4-
+AD4-Steve
+AD4-
+AD4-Ph Gibone wrote:
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg- Steve a +AMMAqQ-crit dans le message
+ADw-36FBD09F.B833DB78+AEA-ndirect.co.uk+AD4-...
+AD4APg- +AD4-I've been thinking about this subject today, and came to the conclusion
+AD4APg- +AD4-that in a medium such as this (and in many other media), a title is
+AD4APg- +AD4-essential.  Imagine if none of the postings in this particular NG had a
+AD4APg- +AD4-title, would you even bother looking at the work,  you could waste some
+AD4APg- +AD4-money spent on your phone bill to download 100 Star Wars pics
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg- For instance I'm downloading all the messages attached to this thread in
the
+AD4APg- secret hope to read that one of you (at least) thinks my image is great
and
+AD4APg- I read a futile discussion about titles : I've been tricked by my own
title
+AD4APg- which was supposed to intrigue not to puzzle. Well in fact the discussion
is
+AD4APg- not futile, I just wanted to puzzle you, and to intrigue you.
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg- If you didn't read Godel Escher Bach : put on your Nikes and just do it.
+AD4APg-
+AD4APg- Philippe