POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : v3.1 PovRay does Volume Rendering !? : Re: v3.1 PovRay does Volume Rendering !? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.1 PovRay does Volume Rendering !?
From: name
Date: 19 Jul 1998 21:07:57
Message: <01bdb37a$24d283c0$6d3da798@callisto>
The file is galaxy.pov in the media demos.  The file requires spiral.df3 to
be in the same directory for it to be found, at least, that's how I got it
to work.  The docs give a short explaination on how the .df3 format works,
but it's not enough for me to make sense of it.

Keep in mind that you don't need one of these density files to do volume
rendering.  You can use any pattern in media.  Use a scattering type for it
and it will behave like atmosphere.

-Mike

Jim Kress <jim### [at] dccmailcom> wrote in article
<35b21451.0@news.povray.org>...