POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : upgrading to ubuntu 24.04, losing exr library Server Time
25 Oct 2024 19:52:55 EDT (-0400)
  upgrading to ubuntu 24.04, losing exr library (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: upgrading to ubuntu 24.04, losing exr library
Date: 13 Oct 2024 10:21:04
Message: <670bd750@news.povray.org>
I resync with povray/master branch to compile on upgraded ubuntu 24.04,
since previous build is now complaining

povray: error while loading shared libraries: libIlmImf-2_5.so.25:

on config output there is:

checking for pkg-config... pkg-config
checking for OpenEXR's pkg-config... yes
checking for OpenEXR version >= 1.2... 3.1.5, ok
checking for OpenEXR/ImfCRgbaFile.h... yes
checking for ImfInputReadPixels in -lIlmImf... no
configure: WARNING: all program features using the OpenEXR library are
disabled

Is anyone already working on that ?

Post a reply to this message

> I resync with povray/master branch to compile on upgraded ubuntu 24.04,
> since previous build is now complaining
>
> povray: error while loading shared libraries: libIlmImf-2_5.so.25:
>
> on config output there is:
>
> checking for pkg-config... pkg-config
> checking for OpenEXR's pkg-config... yes
> checking for OpenEXR version >= 1.2... 3.1.5, ok
> checking for OpenEXR/ImfCRgbaFile.h... yes
> checking for ImfInputReadPixels in -lIlmImf... no
> configure: WARNING: all program features using the OpenEXR library are
> disabled
>
> Is anyone already working on that ?

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/pull/423

Mostly Ton's work from several years ago, with some help from clipka.
There was a second pull req, IIRC, for v3.7 stable (42?).

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

> I resync with povray/master branch to compile on upgraded ubuntu 24.04,
> since previous build is now complaining
>
> povray: error while loading shared libraries: libIlmImf-2_5.so.25:
>
> on config output there is:
>
> checking for pkg-config... pkg-config
> checking for OpenEXR's pkg-config... yes
> checking for OpenEXR version >= 1.2... 3.1.5, ok
> checking for OpenEXR/ImfCRgbaFile.h... yes
> checking for ImfInputReadPixels in -lIlmImf... no
> configure: WARNING: all program features using the OpenEXR library are
> disabled
>
> Is anyone already working on that ?

Could you try the commands

pkg-config --print-provides OpenEXR